A dental implant is a form of a substance or an insert that is placed into the jaw to support a crown or fixed or removable denture. Dental implants are manufactured from biologically neutral pure Titanium or titanium alloys, that are accepted by the human body and these implants fuse with the jawbone to form a secure foundation for tooth replacement.
There are two basic types of implants available at our dental clinic. In certain cases, conventional or immediate implants may be followed by immediate loading of crowns and bridges known as immediate loaded implants.
- Applicable to almost anyone who is looking to replace one, multiple or all missing teeth with a permanent restoration solution
- Done in 2 stages (normally in 2 trips about 3 to 6 months apart)
- Maybe done for most types of bone conditions (if there is moderate or severe jaw bone loss, bone grafting may be recommended prior to placement of dental implants)
Immediate implants :
- Also known as one day or same day implants
- Dental implants are placed immediately after teeth are extracted
- Normally recommended only for cases with good jawbone conditions